ATND Special Edition(24 - 6 - 1995)
DISCLAIMER: ATND is an unofficial news digest edited by Richard Ho Ka Fai. (
ATND does not correlate with Alan Tam and his company as well as CUHK.
Why Special Edition?
There is a rumor of Alan having a second-wife instead of Sally. I decided
to release this Special Edition of ATND earmark for this rumour.
In early June, one newspaper reported that an evergreen singer had got his
vegetarian girlfriend's approval to get a second-wife. And that second-wife
is recently pregnant. Obviously, the singer talking about is Alan Tam.
The followings are some of the news I have found concerning this rumour in
various magazines and newspapers. I will release another ATND if there is
any new development.
15/6/1995 Sing Tao Daily News and Evening News
Alan appeared in a radio program of Metro Radio on 13/6/95 with his friends.
Many reporters rushed to him for a justification of the rumour.
Alan admitted that he had also heard about that report but hadn't watched the
report himself. In respect of the rumour, he said he will not bother to
talk about it.
- Do you afraid other people will trust the rumour if you don't make
- Will you trust?
(Alan insisted not to say any more)
- Do Sally notice that report?
- Sally knew this report since my families had shown her the news.
- What is her reactioin?
- I don't know.
Alan said he don't want to talk about any thing concerning Sally.
Another rumour said that the second-wife is now pregnant and was photoed by
a magazine. Alan smiled, "Let's wait and see if there are such photos."
Besides, after recording a song with a Japanese singer, Cok Tsuen Sun See
[谷村新司], Alan interviewed with all reporters except one magazine's (most
probably Next Magazine [壹周刊]). Alan said he denying that magazine's
interview is based on the resolution of The Artists Association owing to the
unclear principles of that magazine. Other supporters of this resolution
includes Jacky Chan, Jacky Cheung, Anita Mui...etc.
- I have to tell you why The Artist Association had such a resolution.
The boss of Next Magazine and Easy Finder [壹本便利], Mr Lai Chi
Ying, have just released a new newspaper called Apple Daily on
20th June. The methods and technique used by Mr Lai's reporters
were criticized by the whole entertainment industry. They are named
the "Dog Team" [狗仔隊].
16/6/95 Oriental Daily News
Kenny Bee Chung Chun To's wife said she don't trust the rumour since she
can't find anything strange between Alan and Sally. She told the reporter
that Alan treats Sally very well.
She said, "He (Alan) will not do that! Impossible! He loves Sally very
much. I know all the thing about Wynners. Never heard of them (Alan and
Sally) talking about this rumour. I had seen them before and they are very
happy. Sally and me both trust Alan."
19/6/95 Oriental Daily News
Alan appeared in the HK Stadium to be a guest of a charity football
- Did you want to hide yourself because of the rumour?(Alan had not
attended two press conferences since the rumour)
- Of course not! I haven't attended those press conferences since I just
come back from Chung Shan 中山 playing golf. I had already informed RTHK.
In fact, I don't need to hide myself because I can't escape from the mass
media unless I was emigrated.
- How does this rumour affect you? How does Sally think?
- I had been this industry for so many years and had faced any kind of
rumour. Nothing can hurt me and my mood. About Sally, She is even more
calm than me. When I back from Chung Shan, she showed me those
newspaper-cuttings immediately. We laughed together and thrown those
- How does your friends feel?
- Undeniably, they are very interested in this rumour. They had paged and
called me through my pager and mobile phone. But all of them laugh with
me after they had listened to my explanation.
- Do you think it is your good image helps you to to tackle this rumour?
- This is others' view on me.
- Do you think this rumour emerged due to your hope to have a baby?
- No. It is only because I am Alan Tam.
- How about getting married with Sally and having a baby with her so as to
prevent such rumour?
- I don't want to talk about this stuff.
- What is your view on having a seconf-wife?
- (laughing) In fact, I have not only second-wife but third-wife,
fourth-wife.... at least a full dinner table. Frankly speaking, my
second-wife is Ah Lack, third-wife is Tsang Chi Wai. But they don't need my
money now. Ah Lack is very good. He is now earning money himself. Chi Wai
had done a lot of charity jobs.
END of ATND Special Edition